Friday, August 21, 2009

The spirit of green stallion

This was my first encounter with the delhi monsoon while driving and it was just a bad bad experience.Bajaj Chetak,has been the soul bread winner for Bajaj Automobiles since long and still does not disappoint its owners,well..its a wrong statement.I was on my stallion when the rain god started the down pour.The clouds were dark ,but not dark enough to stop me .I stepped out and started my scooter,which was behaving normally till then.When i crossed the main gate,i got the real feel of the climate,it was awesome.Awesome time for sitting in the balcony and enjoying a hot cup of strong tea.I was thinking about the tea,when i dodged to cows,heading nowhere.I was just across the bridge road,when a drop of water, hit my right eye.And within a minute,the breaking news,
"Heavy Showers Bring Relief in East Delhi".
But,no relief for this guy,on his green stallion.Showers were damn strong and accompanied with wind,gave me a hint of some catastrophe to happen.I stopped for a shelter and left my scooter for a water wash.I did not know the implications of this,as i said before that, this was my first encounter with the monsoon while driving.I called my sis and assured her that i would be @ the bus stand in 10 min.I barely crossed 50 meters, and the situation worsened.I was forced to take shelter again.Started again,Stopped again,Nearly fell down.The 1st gear was smooth,2nd was equally good,but 3rd and 4th gears were impossible.But,still i wanted to reach the bus stand asap.I saw a cart fall down and the same incident happened again within 20 meters,t'was like a deja vu.I was fortunate enough to avoid a big bump,avoiding a crash.All this time my stallion was pretty good,except some minor jerks and hiccups.It took me a while to realize that i was the only guy,who was on a 2-wheeler,on that road.Finally i reached the stop,met my sis.

Huh..time to head back...The scooter refused to start........WTF......I became an joker with a helmet on,kicking hard.At this moment realized that ..My 103 Kg stallion has got castrated (LOL),and it needs some rest to start.The rest of the story is evident from the fact that ...MY SHOULDERS ARE STILL PAINING...

6 comments:

  1. I dont agree!!! I owned a Bajaj Chetak and it was a true Stallion!!! Ur stallion must b in real bad shape!! My stallion did wonders, but could take on much as i took it too limits... but still in the end it fetched me 2500 bucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May b u too try doing d same with your stallion and u could open two orkut accounts using you own funda!!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My chetak stumbs only in raining conditions dude otherwise,it is as good as any 2 stroke scooter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. mr arvind my dad owned a bajaj chetak for 15 yrs..and well..am not exaggerating when i say that my dad was as loyal to it as it was to him:):) 4 ppl used to travel in it..i still miss the scooter..mind u ..we gave the scooter to a garage in full working condition!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hee heee... i was laughing thru n thru imagining the whole scenario... with u kicking ur scooter standing on roads that too with the helmet on... lol.. would have made a pic!! but nothing like riding a cycle when the heaven pours down!! i miss my school days when i used to cycle to school... used to luv the rains those days.

    ReplyDelete